The Integral Auto Sensor lamps are available in two fittings:
The lamp will switch ON at around dusk when the daylight intensity level drops to less than 80Lux +/- 30% it will switch OFF at dawn when the daylight intensity level reaches 300Lux +/- 30%. On overcast, stormy or dull days the light may stay on a bit longer. On average there will be around 12 hours of darkness over a year - Using a LED lamp will lead to significant savings on energy when compared to a conventional lamp. Ideal for turning your existing external light fitting into switching ON and OFF automatically - just by changing a bulb.
- The lamp has two sensors to give 360 degree coverage – make sure that at least one sensor can “see” daylight
- The auto sensor lamp has been designed to work in suitable external clear glass or plastic fittings - some shades may affect the operation of the lamp.
- There is no warm up time as the lamp is instant on
- The lamp has been designed for suitable outdoor lamp fittings such as porches
- Once the lamp is safely installed, make sure the power is continuously applied to the lamp
- The lamp has been designed to see natural daylight and will not work indoors with artificial light
- The lamp does not have a PIR sensor to sense movement
- The lamp is non-dimmable so cannot be used with a dimmer switch
- The sensitivity of the lamp to daylight is fixed and cannot be adjusted
- Functionality may be affected if your fitting is on a PIR or other detection circuit
- For the lamp to function if must be powered. The light switch must be on the ON position