The WEEE regulations
As a Producer, it is our responsibility to finance the end-of-life treatment of our products. We are proud to be a member of the UK’s leading lighting compliance scheme, Recolight, which manages this on our behalf.
The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations were implanted in 2007 and set about increasing the reuse and recycling of waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) by reducing the amount of WEEE going to landfill.
The regulations aim to improve the environmental performance of businesses that manufacture, supply, use, recycle and recover EEE.
Free lamp recycling from Recolight
Recolight was set up by the lighting industry and works on behalf of the lighting industry, providing lamp recycling services free of charge to the end user.
To date, Recolight has funded the recycling of 200 million lamps, preventing nearly 800kg of mercury from entering landfill.
Recolight has a network of over 2300 collection points. You can recycle small volumes of waste lamps at one of Recolight’s open collection points, for larger quantities of 1000 or more you can set up your own collection point. Visit the Recolight website to learn about their lamp recycling services.
The WEEE scheme that sets the standard for the lighting industry
- Recolight members have recycled over 30,000 tonnes of lamps and luminaires since 2007, more than all other UK schemes combined
- A dedicated customer service team managing over 550 waste lamp and luminaire collections per month
- UK wide network of over 2300 collection points giving you access to FREE recycling
- Committed to maximising the recycling of all lighting in scope of the WEEE regulations
- Accredited by the Environment Agency for B2B and B2C
- Not for profit - maximising funds available to provide free recycling
- Set up by the lighting industry, working for the lighting industry, and a member of the LIA